Directions to Green River Preserve
Please do not rely on your GPS system to find us.
Instead use the directions listed below.
From Brevard, NC or Greenville, SC
- Travel on Highway 276 to the community of Cedar Mountain.
- Beside Grammy’s Restaurant, on the eastern side of 276, turn onto Cascade Lake Road.
- Go 50 yards, then turn right onto Reasonover Road.
- Go 4 miles. At the end of the pavement, bear right onto Green River Road.
- Go 3/10 of a mile to the Preserve entrance on your left.
From Hendersonvlle, NC or Spartanburg, SC
- Travel to Tuxedo via Interstate 26 and Highway 25.
- Take the Green River Road exit (exit #3) off of Highway 25.
- Turn west (away from Tuxedo). Go 10 miles.
- The Preserve entrance will be on your right.
Caution: The last 4 miles is a bumpy, unpaved road. Most passenger cars can easily make it, but go slow and watch for potholes and wildlife.
- From I-26 take Exit 40 for the Asheville Regional Airport. Head towards Brevard, NC on 280.
- At the Wal-Mart intersection turn Left onto 64 (Old Hendersonville HWY).
- Turn Right onto Crab Creek Road. Drive 4.3 miles.
- Turn Right on Dupont Road (follow signs for Dupont State Forest).
- Continue on this road until the road T’s onto Cascade Lake Road.
- Turn Left onto Cascade Lake Road.
- Turn Left onto Reasonover Road (right before the Firehouse).
- Drive 4 miles on Reasonover Road which will then turn to gravel. Go another 1/4 mile on the gravel, then take the second driveway on the left. There will be a sign for GRP and it will say opening and closing entrance. There is a big parking lot to turn the bus around.
*Reminder: DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR GPS. IT WILL BE WRONG. You will lose cell service on Dupont Road.
Travel by Air
The Asheville Regional Airport is within an hour drive of the Green River Preserve. A camp representative, wearing a Green River Preserve staff shirt, will meet arriving campers. Please make airline reservations well in advance – three months in advance is not premature. Flights should arrive and depart between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon if at all possible. Return airline tickets will be kept in the office until departure. There will be a $50.00 fee for arrivals and departures outside the prescribed times. Please make sure you fill out the Transportation Form in your CampIn Touch account at least two weeks before your camper arrives at camp.
Also, if your camper is flying to camp, you may wish to UPS his or her trunk to camp. For UPS delivery, use our mailing address. (Green River Preserve, 301 Green River Road, Cedar Mountain, North Carolina 28718). Please be sure to have the trunk delivered well in advance of opening day.Request Information