Similar Environmental Camps
If you are interested, these are facilities with similar summer camp and high school expedition programs. Our family and some of our year round staff have personal experiences with these programs as participants and staff. All of them are programs we would recommend.
Please take time to research some of them and compare our programs. We encourage you to ask questions about them including health and safety; camper to staff ratios; program logistics; and staff. Naturally, we feel Green River Preserve offers a premier program and hope you will highly consider it in your decision making process for summer camp or expeditions.
Green River Preserve is a member of both of these organizations. Their sites have links for environmental education youth programs as well as employment opportunities:
Green River Preserve is an American Camp Association accredited camp. Their site also offers a list of many summer camp programs.
- Gwynn Valley Camp – Brevard, N.C.
- Eagle’s Nest Camp – Brevard, N. C.
- Camp Ton-A-Wandah – Flat Rock, N.C.
- Camp Merrie – Woode – Cashiers, N.C.
- Falling Creek Camp – Tuxedo, N.C.
- Camp Pinnacle – Flat Rock, N.C.
- Adventure Treks – Flat Rock, N.C.
- Moondance Adventures – Asheville, N.C.
- NC Outward Bound – Asheville, N.C.
- Great Smoky Mountain Institute of Tremont – Townsend, Tn.
- Sewanee, The University of the South – Sewanee, Tn.
- The Teton Science School* – Kelly, Wyoming
- NOLS – Lander, Wyoming
- Wilderness Ventures – Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Sea Camp – Big Pine Key, Florida
*The Teton Science School is patterned in a very similar way as Green River Preserve.