Are You Passionate About These Things Too?
Long before “Green” was popular, Green River Preserve was passionate about the environment. If these are some of the things that get you excited, too, consider joining GRP in these efforts.
These are some ways you could volunteer or help GRP.
Green River Preserve Sustainable Farm
- Early Spring Green House Planting days
- May Planting days
- Animal Care: chickens, rabbits, goats, pigs, bees
- Assisting with community and school outreach programs
Green River Preserve Base Camp
- Trail Maintenance at base camp and on the wildlife Preserve
- Mountain Biking Trails
- Landscaping and gardening
- Facility Maintenance and repairs
- Special programs
- Experienced leaders who are naturalists, artists, musicians, actors, team builders, and primitive skills teachers for camp and school programs
- Teachers experienced in Appalachian crafts such as candle making, weaving, spinning, natural dying, cooking, tools, etc.
- Staff Training workshops
- Building and repairing camp out shelters
Green River Preserve Community Outreach
- Conservation Efforts
- Community Hikes
- School programs
- The Tiny House Camp to Go Program
- The Farm
Fundraising is about raising the fun at GRP! We always need help in this area.
- Fundraising events
- Contribute to Green River Preserve’s Leaf Society – every dollar counts and your contributions, big or small make a difference in the lives of our campers. Thank you!
Publicity and Marketing
Something to talk about…Word of mouth continues to be our best way of advertising. Green River Preserve has a significant message to share and few know about our incredible, unique program. Your help with this is always greatly appreciated.